Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Joy of Writing for Children & Teens


Writing for children and teens was my goal even as a child. I loved to read and wanted to create stories like my favorite authors. Jo, in Little Women, fascinated me, and I imagined myself a writer like her.

When I attended teacher’s college, the Children’s Literature class was my favorite. My professor read some of my stories and encouraged me to continue writing and learning. How excited I was to let her know, several years later, that my first children’s story had been published.

Writing and sharing with children has become one of the pleasures in my life. Teaching writing workshops and encouraging youngsters increases this enjoyment.

(If you have questions, e-mail me: me.allen@juno.com. Type "children's writer blog" in the subject line.)

No comments: